Shabbat, November 17-18
Join the American Jewish Committee (AJC), the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), and the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
Across America, American Jewish Committee (AJC), the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), and the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) are uniting the Jewish community to stand with Israel following the horrific Hamas attack—the deadliest day for the Jewish people since the Holocaust.
Join millions of Jews, and those in solidarity with the Jewish community, in lighting a memorial candle in honor of those who were murdered in Israel and those who gave their lives fighting for the Jewish state.
In addition to calling on all American Jews—and all allies of the Jewish community—to light a memorial candle, we also encourage everyone to:
- use JFNA’s #BlueRibbonsforIsrael to send a powerful message that we are strong and united against evil, and;
- arm themselves with facts about Israel, Gaza, Hamas and more using AJC’s Israel-Hamas War page and resources and ADL’s We Stand With Israel page and resources.
Additional Shabbat resources for this Unity Shabbat can be found here.
You can also show unity by:
- Lighting an extra pair of Shabbat candles for those unable to at this time and to bring more light into the world.
- Recite prayers for the State of Israel, the United States, Israeli soldiers, and for those in captivity.
- To end Shabbat, after saying Havdalah, recite psalm 121.
Am Yisrael Chai.