Shabbaton at CBD with the USCJ (United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism) Board of Directors
Friday and Saturday September 6-7
All CBD congregants are invited to join the USCJ Board of Directors for our Shabbaton at CBD. Jerry Bloom, Margie Pomerantz and Rick Tavan are all on the USCJ Board of Directors and are thrilled to be hosting this event.
Friday, September 6
* 6:30 – 7:30pm Shabbat Services
* 7:30 – 8:15pm Shabbat Dinner. RSVP is closed
* 8:15 – 9:00pm Presentation by Ned Gladstein, USCJ President and Leslie Lichter, USCJ Interim CEO
* 9:00 – 9:30pm Very fun and lively Tisch led by Rabbi Jaymee Alpert
Saturday, September 7
* 9:30 – 10:30am Parasha Yoga with Rabbi Laurie Matzkin. A refreshing mix of Jewish with guided meditation, breath work and asana practice. Men and women welcome, suitable for all levels. Wear comfortable clothing.
* 9:30am – Noon Shabbat Services
* Noon – 1:30pm Kiddush Lunch
* 1:00 – 1:30pm Mincha, led by Rabbi Jaymee Alpert
* 1:30 – 3:30pm Presentation by Eric Benhamou, Silicon Valley entrepreneur – Lessons and insights about nurturing global innovation – delivering results and impacts
If you have questions, please email Rick Tavan, Margie Pomerantz, or Jerry Bloom