BETH DAVID IS PARTICIPATING IN THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY’S RELAY FOR LIFE
Saturday, July 16, 8:00 p.m. – Sunday, July 17, 10:00 a.m.
Campbell Community Track, 1 W. Campbell Ave
Join us for the Luminaria Ceremony @ 9pm followed by Havdalah with Rabbi Roller at our tent site (right after the Silent Lap)
Relay for Life of Campbell is a community fundraising event to support the American Cancer Society where teams keep a member walking the track for 24 hours to represent how cancer never sleeps and neither will we. Team Beth David will participate from 8:00pm on Saturday, July 16 to 10:00am on Sunday, July 17.
The purpose of the Relay event is to celebrate our cancer survivors, remember those whom we have lost, honor those who are currently battling cancer, and educate the community on how we can fight back against this disease. Team Beth David will be supporting the event by:
- Donating a basket of goodies for the survivor raffle/giveaway. If you would like to donate a gift card or other item for the basket, please contact Lori Kahn.
- Remembering and honoring those members from Beth David for whom we’ve lost or for whom are currently battling cancer by collecting honorees from our team members to be read aloud at the Luminaria ceremony which begins around 8pm.
- You can also make a luminaria dedication for your loved one by going to our team webpage (linked below) or any other team member’s page and choosing ‘Dedicate a Luminaria’; $10 minimum donation includes a decorated luminaria bag with their name and your dedication
- Hosting an in-person community Havdalah ceremony, which immediately follows the Silent Lap (at the conclusion of the Luminaria ceremony); then walking as a team right after Havdalah.
- Our team goal is to raise $15,000 for American Cancer Society to support the services they provide to cancer patients and families and valuable research to fight back against future diagnoses. Will you join us as team member and/or make a donation?