Candle lighting Friday, September 21 6:47 p.m.
Friday Evening 6:30pm
Shabbat Morning 9:30am
13 Tishrei, 5779/September 22, 2018
Triennial Cycle Year II: Deuteronomy 32:1-52
Ḥumash Etz Ḥayyim, page 1185.
Haftarah: 2 Samuel 22: 1-51, page 1197
- (32:1-3) Invitation to heaven and earth to pay attention as the poet declares God’s qualities.
- (4-18) History of God’s relations with Israel.
- (19-42) God’s decisions: to punish Israel, but also to limit Israel’s punishment and punish the enemy.
- (43) Coda: Celebration of God’s deliverance of Israel.
- (44-47) The song is read to the people and they are warned to take it to heart.
- (48-52) Moses is told to ascend Mt. Nevo, from which he will view the land of Canaan and die.