We are excited to inform you of two new reopening steps the Roadmap to Reopening Task Force, now called the Covid Response Task Force, has approved. The purpose of these steps is to follow the lead of Santa Clara County public health officials, while encouraging each of us to follow our personal convictions for our own safety and that of others. We recognize that while many people want us to be looser with rules, there are many who are grateful that we continue to remain cautious.
The two changes are as follows:
- Effective immediately, for non-singing events held at Beth David, at the discretion of the event or meeting organizer, masks are strongly encouraged, but not required. These events could include school activities, meetings, clubs and adult/family/teen social events. It will be communicated should a meeting organizer wish to require masks for any given event. Children between age 2 and vaccination age are required to wear masks. Individuals who are medically unable to be vaccinated should contact the Beth David office for process information.
- Effective on Saturday April 2, Shabbat kiddush lunch dining options will be available both on the Sukkah patio and in the Social Hall.
What remains the same?
- Hybrid access to on-site events and meetings is strongly encouraged and will be offered whenever possible.
- Masks and sneeze guards are required where food is being served.
- Masks are required for all during services with the exception of the leaders of selected parts where they are alone on the bimah. Individuals leading these parts will be informed.
- Proof of vaccination is required for attendance at any event inside the Beth David building.
As always, we are extremely watchful of the data and recommendations coming out of the various regulatory bodies. Should the situation change, just as we have previously, we will quickly pivot and change our operations.
Thank you for your continued support as we navigate our ever-changing landscape.
Rabbi Jaymee Alpert
Rabbi Nathan Roller
Wendy J. Glasser