Candle lighting Friday, August 31st 7:19 p.m.
Friday Evening 6:30pm
Shabbat Morning 9:30am
Parshat Ki Tavo
21 Elul, 5778 / September 1, 2018
Triennial Cycle Year II: Deut. 26:12-28:6
Ḥumash Etz Ḥayim, page 1142
Haftarah: Isaiah 60:1-22, page 1160
- (26:12-15) The declaration that all the tithes have been paid, and a prayer for God’s blessing.
- (26:16-19) Conclusion of the Deuteronomic Code, with a charge to keep all the commandments.
- (27:1-8) Instructions to set up large stones at Mt. Ebal, on which all the words of the Torah were to be written.
- (27:9-10) Another charge to obey God and keep God’s commandments.
- (27:11-26) The covenant ritual at Mt. Gerizim and Mt. Ebal, which includes a recital of curses on violators of the covenant.
- (28:1-6) The blessings for keeping the covenant terms: the mitzvot.
HIGH HOLY DAYS
GUEST REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY!
Register your guests online before August 31st
Ticket will be available for pick up at Member Services. Guest tickets are FREE www.beth-david.org/hhd-5779
High Holy Day Tickets were mailed.
Look for the envelope with the gold seal on the back. Please put your tickets in a safe place – you will need to show them EVERY time you enter the building for services.
High Holy Day Ushers and Greeters Needed
High Holy Day Entry Volunteers
Honeygram Pick up Information Click here
Lulav and Etrog – Order deadline August 31
CBD Holiday Connect for Young Adults
Break-the-Fast RSVP now Open – limited to 100 people, so don’t delay
Wednesday, September 19
7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
$15.00 child (12 and under) & $25.00 for youth and adults (13+). More information RSVP online or call the office at 408-257-3333.
Saturday, September 1
Selichot – Saying sorry
9:00 Selichot Program
10:30 p.m. Selichot Services
Tuesday, September 4
Women Who Walk
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, September 5
CBD Women Movie and Discussion Group
11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 16
Men’s Club Monthly Meeting
9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, September 16
1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 22
10:30 – 11:45 a.m.
Wednesday, September 26
Ladies Who Lunch
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Friday, September 28
Sukkot Service – Supper – Serious Fun!
6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Ruth Bader Ginsberg Documentary
September 5 7:30 p.m.
From Sinai to Seinfeld: Jews and Their Jokes
Mondays, October 8 – December 3
The 2017 Annual Symposium for Personal Development
October 11th &12th
The Obligation, a one-person Holocaust drama
October 11 – November 4
Grief and Growing: A healing weekend for bereaved individuals and families
November 30 – December 2
FOR TEENS – Club Z – More info about Club Z
Youth Zionist Leadership Forum (Annual Conference)
January 18th-21st, 2019
Volunteer Needs at Jewish Family Services – help others in our community